ModPac® II Wall Mount Air Conditioners
The Marvair® ModPac™ II air conditioner is a vertical, wall mounted, cost effective air conditioner designed for a variety of building types and applications. The unit is manufactured in eight sizes from 1 to 5 tons. Electric heat may be field or factory installed. Disconnects are standard on all units including the 460v. models. Accessories include a full range of grilles and thermostats. Cabinet color choices include standard Marvair beige and grey as well as other options. A Marvair first, the built-in mounting flanges simplifies installation. The sloped top, another Marvair original, eliminates the need for a rainhood.
- EER: 9.0 - 9.5
- Cooling Capacities: 1, 2, 2-1/2, 3, 3-1/2, 4 and 5 tons.
Outside Air for Ventilation
A full range of accessories and options allows the ModPac air conditioners to be optimized for each application. For classrooms, a complete range of ventilation options are available to meet the fresh air requirements of the ASHRAE 62 standard. To insure proper operation and optimum performance, all outside air ventilation packages are non-removable and factory installed.
The introduction of outside air can cause humidity levels to rise to unacceptable levels. To reduce humidity, ModPac air conditioners can be ordered with electric resistance reheat.
Safety Listed and Energy Certified
All ModPac air conditioners are built to UL standard 1995, latest edition and CAN/CSA C22.2, No. 236-11. For energy efficiency and performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance to the current ANSI/ARI (Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 390 (Single Package Vertical Units). All AVPA units meet or exceed the efficiency requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.2010. The ModPac air conditioners are commercial units and are not intended for use in residential applications.
Ease of Installation
- Factory installed disconnect may eliminate need of outside disconnect
- Built-in mounting flanges eliminate need for side brackets
- Sloped top sheds water and minimizes chance of water leaks
- Designed for installation in a modular builder's facility
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995
Attractive and Built for Long Term Operation
- Choice of colors - beige (standard) or grey
- Decorative coil guard
- High efficiency compressors provide reliable and quiet operation
Ease of Service
- Service access valves
- All components accessible for field service
- Nationwide network of service centers
- Twin blowers sized to accept full duct system
- High and low refrigerant switches
- High density, foil backed insulation complies with codes that require a cleanable surface for the indoor air path
For detailed specifications, performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data Sheet from the document list on this page.