MAA Wall Mount Air Conditioners with 48VDC Evaporator Air Mover
MAA1036D - MAA1060D
The Marvair® MAA1036D-MAA1060D DC Free Air HVAC (MatPac series) units are designed to cool telecommunications shelters where the high internal heat load requires year round cooling-even when ambient temperatures are below 60°F (15°C). To provide cooling during a wide range of ambient conditions, MAA air conditioners have the necessary controls and components for year round cooling. The units use the non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant.
DC Power Provides Emergency Cooling/Ventilation
Should there be loss of power to the site, the Marvair DC Free Air unit will continue to cool/ventilate the site by utilizing the shelter’s DC power to introduce outside air into the shelter for free cooling. The DC Free Air unit will continue to ventilate the site and extend the run time of the equipment until battery power is exhausted or, at the minimum, owner specified pull down of battery drain.
Marvair MAA models operate on both AC and DC power. The compressor, condenser fan motor and electric heat operate on AC power, but the evaporator motors, the 100% free cooling economizer damper and the internal control board operate on DC power – an inverter is not required. Since these key components are all powered by 48 VDC – the same 48 VDC power used by the shelter’s radios- they are always operational.
The 48 VDC power supply connects to an internal DC breaker. From this breaker, power is supplied to the DC indoor blower and control board.
Free Cooling with the Marvair 100% Full Flow Economizer
When the outside air is cool and dry, the economizer damper opens and draws in filtered, outside air to cool the shelter. The Marvair 100% full flow economizer means the same CFM of outside air is brought into the shelter as the rated air flow of the unit. The innovative design of the full flow economizer assembly also allows outside air to exit the building – pressure relief- when the full flow economizer is operating. This design eliminates the need for additional, costly penetrations in the shelter.
Free cooling provides temperature control, energy savings, and increased reliability by decreasing the operating hours of the compressor and the condenser fan. To insure proper operation and optimum performance, all economizers are non-removable, factory installed and tested.
MAA1036D - 1060D High Efficiency Models:
- EER: 11.00 - 11.50
- Cooling Capacities: 3, 3.5, 4 and 5 tons (36,000 to 60,000 BTUH)
Safety Listed and Energy Certified
All Marvair air conditioners are built to UL standard 1995, latest edition and
CAN/CSA C.22.2, No. 236, 3rd edition. For energy efficiency and
performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance to the current
ANSI/AHRI (Air-Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute
Standard 390 (Single Package Vertical Units). All units meet or exceed
the efficiency requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.2010. The ASDCA
units are commercial units and not intended for residential use.
- Designed for Operation in Low Ambient Conditions
- Low ambient control cycles condenser fan to maintain proper refrigerant pressures. Allows
operation in mechanical cooling (compressor) of our standard air
conditioners down to 20°F (-7°C). With the Extreme Duty option, the
units will operate down to 0°F (-18°C). Note: low temperature operation
is affected by ambient conditions, e.g. wind and humidity
- Three minute by-pass of the low pressure switch for start-up of compressor when outdoor temperatures are below 55°F (13°C)
- Factory built-in economizer
- High efficiency compressor
- Lanced fins standard on all evaporator and condenser coils
- High pressure switch and low pressure switch with lockout protects refrigerant circuit
- Adjustable .03 to ten minute delay on make for short cycle protection
- Remote Alarm Capability
- Dry contacts can be used for remote alarm or notification upon air conditioner lockout
Ease of Installation
- Sloped top with flashing eliminates need of rainhood
- Built-in mounting flanges facilitate installation and minimize chance of water leaks
- Supply and return openings exactly match previous models
- Factory installed disconnect on all units
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995
- Copper tube, aluminum fin evaporator & condenser coils
- Field or factory installed heaters on discharge side of evaporator coil (optional)
- Baked on neutral beige finish over galvanneal steel for maximum cabinet life (Other finishes are available)
Ease of Service
- Service access valves are standard
- Standard 2” (50 mm) pleated filter with a MERV rating of 8 changeable from outside
- All major components are readily accessible
- Front Control Panel allows easy access and complies with NEC clearance codes on redundant side-by-side systems
- LEDs indicate operational status and fault conditions.
- Foiled backed insulation on the indoor air path.
minimum position potentiometer that can be adjusted to prevent the
economizer damper from closing completely. This control ensures that
whenever the evaporator fan is operating, fresh air is being introduced
into the building.
For detailed specifications,
performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data
Sheet from the document list on this page.