GeoScholar QV Wall Mount Heat Pumps
The water source Marvair® GeoScholar QV heat pumps are self-contained HVAC systems designed to provide heating, cooling, and outside fresh air for school classrooms. The units are installed in the classroom against an exterior wall. The vertical configuration minimizes the floor space occupied by the HVAC unit. This unique design makes it ideal for both new schools and for renovation of existing classrooms.
A full range of ventilation options – from the GreenWheel® ERV to a mechanical damper - are offered to meet any climate or budget. A wide selection of architectural louvers provides the designer with unlimited styles and configurations to compliment the exterior of the school. (For a complete description of the architectural louvers, please refer to the Marvair brochure entitled, “Architectural Extruded Aluminum Louvers”.) Marvair offers a full range of thermostats to meet virtually every requirement. The unit can be controlled by a wall mounted thermostat, an internal thermostat or interfaced with a energy management system.
GeoScholar QV heat pumps are available in cooling capacities from 2 to 5 tons with the 2-stage compressor. All sizes are available for operation on 208/230 V. 1Ø or 3Ø and 460 V. electrical supply. All models comply with the current UL standard. For energy efficiency and performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance with the ISO standard 13256-1-1998.
- IPLV: 15.5 - 16.5
- Cooling Capacities: 2 - 5 ton (24,000 BTUH - 60,000 BTUH)
GeoScholar QV Advantages
Since its introduction in 1991, GeoScholar heat pumps and air conditioners have been the undisputed leader in interior, self-contained classroom HVAC systems. Students in tens of thousands of classrooms across the USA have benefited from the environment provided by Scholar heat pumps and air conditioners.
The GeoScholar QV builds on this history with unique design innovations and features.
- Quiet Operation + High Efficiency = Improved learning and lower operating costs. GeoScholar QV units combine quiet operation with high efficiency to create an optimum learning environment and lower operating costs. Many of the components that minimize sound levels also reduce operating costs.
- High efficiency scroll compressors,
- Double walled side panels and optional double wall front panels,
- 1-1/2” acoustical/thermal insulation,
- A sound deadening compressor jacket,
- 16 gauge steel side and front panels to absorb low frequency sound (and provide excellent vandal resistance),
- ¼” closed cell insulation wrapped around the perimeter and interior of the outdoor air box to minimize sound transmission from the unit to the building, and
- High efficiency electronically commutated indoor air movers.
- Humidity Control. The control of humidity is essential for a positive learning environment. GeoScholar QV heat pumps actively control humidity with both standard controls and several optional accessories for schools where control of humidity is an everyday concern. The electronically commutated motor optimizes moisture removal by automatically controlling the air flow across the indoor coil. Raw outdoor air for ventilation is not brought directly into the classroom. Ventilation air first passes through the indoor coil to temper the air and remove moisture. It then is mixed with classroom air before being introduced into the classroom.
- GreenWheel® Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV). The optional GreenWheel® ERV is a total energy recovery ventilator, i.e., during the summer it removes both moisture and heat from the incoming air stream. With an outdoor wet bulb of 74°F and an indoor dry bulb of 72°F and 450 cfm of outside air, the ERV will remove 8 pints per hour of moisture from the incoming fresh air stream.
For optimum control of the humidity, the GreenWheel ERV should be used should be used in conjunction with Hot Gas Reheat. This complete, factory assembled optional coil and controls economically maintains the temperature and humidity in the classroom.
For detailed specifications, performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data Sheet from the document list on this page.