Classic Wall Mount Heat Pumps
Models AVPA, HVPA, HVPSA
The Marvair® Classic wall mounted heat pumps are the ideal HVAC system for a wide variety of applications. The exterior mounting means that no valuable interior space is required. The Classic heat pumps are packaged units – the refrigerant piping and internal wiring are factory assembled and thoroughly tested. All components are readily accessible for easy service and maintenance. The energy efficient operation keeps operating costs to a minimum and makes the Marvair heat pumps ideal problem solvers for a wide variety of applications, including offices and classrooms.
Three Series to meet any Budget or Efficiency Requirement
AVPA Standard Efficiency Models:
- EER: 9.30
- Cooling Capacities: 2 tons (24,000 BTUH)
HVPA High Efficiency Models:
- EER: 11.00 - 11.50
- Cooling Capacities: 2, 2½, 3, 3½, 4 and 5 tons (24,000 BTUH to 60,000 BTUH)
HVPSA 2-Stage Compressor Models:
- EER: 11.00
- IPLV: 13.6 - 15.0
- Cooling Capacities: 2½, 3, 3½, 4 and 5 tons (30,000 BTUH to 60,000 BTUH)
- 2-Stage Compressor:
First stage cooling is approximately 65% of the total cooling capacity.
The 2-stage compressor provides lower start-up amps which can be
critical when operating with a generator. The two stage compressor also
reduces energy costs by more precisely matching its cooling capacity
with the heat load in the shelter.
Outside Air for Ventilation or Free Cooling
A full range of accessories and options allows the Classic heat pumps to be optimized for each application. For classrooms, a complete range of ventilation options are available to meet the fresh air requirements of the ASHRAE 62 standard, “Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality”, including the exclusive Marvair GreenWheel® Energy Recovery Ventilator. Where cooling is required during cool or cold weather, e.g., telecommunications shelters, a factory installed economizer should be used. To insure proper operation and optimum performance, all outside air ventilation packages are non-removable, factory installed and factory calibrated.
Classic HVPSA models feature a two stage compressor with a first stage capacity of 65% of the total capacity. The two stage compressor offers better comfort by maintaining more precise temperature and relative humidity levels with improved overall energy efficiency. During mild conditions, the first stage can satisfy the load, minimizing temperature fluctuations providing steady, even comfort. With Integrated Part Load Performance Values (IPLV) of up to 15.0, the Classic heat pump with the two stage, high efficiency compressor can provide significant energy savings compared to older, less efficient systems. The cooling mode has two stage operation; heating is single stage.
Quiet in the Classroom
In addition to high efficiency, the HVPA and HVPSA models minimize sound levels in the classroom. A high efficiency axial fan moves air silently through the outdoor coils. A low vibration, scroll compressor insures quiet operation as well as energy efficiency. The indoor air mover utilizes a revolutionary electronically commutated motor (ECM). This motor consumes a minimum of power with whisper quiet operation.
Safety Listed and Energy Certified
All Classic heat pumps are built to the current UL and CAN/CSA standards. For energy efficiency and performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance to the ANSI/AHRI (Air-Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 390 (Single Package Vertical Units). All units meet or exceed the efficiency requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.2010. The Classic heat pumps are commercial units and are not intended for use in residential applications.
The introduction of outside air can cause humidity levels to rise to unacceptable levels. To reduce humidity, the Classic heat pumps can be ordered with a Hot Gas Reheat (HGR) coil. The HGR coil allows the heat pump to dehumidify without adversely lowering the temperature in the classroom and uses less energy than electric reheat. When used in conjunction with the GreenWheel® ERV or the GreenCube® ERV, humidity levels can be controlled at a minimum of expense. Download the Product Data Sheet and see page 4 for a detailed description of the operation of the Hot Gas Reheat Coil.
- Scroll compressors are standard on all units
- Lanced fins and rifled tubing on the indoor & outdoor coils maximize heat transfer
- Electronically commutated indoor blower motor on the HVPA & HVPSA models and two speed indoor blower motor on the AVPA models
- PC board simplifies wiring, consolidates several of the electrical functions in one device
- High refrigerant pressure switch with lockout relay protects the compressor in the event of insufficient condenser air flow
- Loss of charge pressure switch with lockout relay protects the compressor in the event of a loss of refrigerant or inadequate evaporator air flow
- Time delay for short cycle protection
Ease of Installation
- Sloped top with flashing eliminates need of rainhood
- Built-in mounting flanges facilitate installation and minimize chance of water leaks
- Factory installed disconnect on all units, including 460v. models
- Outside air hood included with each unit
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995
- Copper tube, aluminum fin evaporator & condenser coils
- Corrosion resistant Dacromet® external fasteners
- Baked on neutral beige finish over galvanneal steel for maximum cabinet life (Other finishes are available)
Ease of Service
- LED’s on the control board indicate operational status and fault conditions
- Refrigerant access valves are standard
- All major components are readily accessible
- Front control panel allows easy access and complies with NEC clearance codes on side by side units
- Major components accessible from either side
For detailed specifications, performance, and efficiency information, download the Product Data Sheet from the document list on this page.