WalPac A/C+ High Efficiency Wall Mount Air Conditioners
Used primarily to cool telecommunication equipment shelters, Eubank® WalPac A/C 9+, WalPac A/C 10+ and WalPac A/C 11+ air conditioners are problem solvers for a wide range of conditions and applications. Due to the high internal heat load, these shelters require cooling even when outside temperatures drop below 60°F (15°C). The WalPac A/C+ family of exterior wall mount air conditioners have the necessary controls and components for operation during these (less than 60°F [15°C]) temperatures. All models use the non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant.
The WalPac A/C+ is available with an optional factory installed economizer. When ambient conditions are cool and dry, the economizer uses outside air to cool the shelter. The economizer provides temperature control, energy cost savings, and increased reliability by decreasing the operating hours of the compressor and the condenser fan. All economizers are factory installed and tested. In addition, factory and field installed options and accessories can be used to meet specific requirements.
WalPac A/C 9+ (Standard Efficiency Models)
AVPA: Eubank’s most popular model with an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 9.0 to 10.0. The WalPac A/C+ AVPA is available in cooling capacities of 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5 and 6 tons (12,000 BTUH to 72,000 BTUH).
WalPac A/C 10+ (2-Stage Compressor Models)
HVESA: WalPac A/C+ models 36-42-49-60 have a 2-stage compressor with first stage cooling approximately 65% of the total cooling capacity. The 2-stage compressor provides lower start-up amps which can be critical when operating with a generator. The two stage compressor can also reduce energy costs and is able to more precisely match the cooling capacity of the air conditioner with the heat load in the shelter. An economizer is available with all 2 stage compressor models.
WalPac A/C 11+ (High Efficiency Models)
HVEA: Eubank’s most efficient wall mount air conditioners. Electronically commutated indoor fan motors combined with highly efficient scroll compressors result in Energy Efficiency Ratios (EER’s) of up to 11.75.
AVHA: WalPac A/C+ models with an EER of 10.0. The AVPA72 is also rated 10 EER.
Safety Listed and Energy Certified
All WalPac A/C+ air conditioners are built to UL standard 1995, 4th edition and CAN/CSA C22.2, No. 236-11. For energy efficiency and performance, the units are tested and rated in accordance to the ANSI/ARI (Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute) Standard 390- 2003 (Single Package Vertical Units). All units meet or exceed the efficiency requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.2010.
WalPac A/C+ air conditioners are commercial units and are not intended for use in residential applications.
Designed for Operation in Low Ambient Conditions
- Low ambient control cycles condenser fan to maintain proper refrigerant pressures. Allows operation in mechanical cooling (compressor) of our standard air conditioners down to 20°F (-7°C). With the Extreme Duty option, the units will operate down to 0°F (-18°C). Note: low temperature operation is affected by ambient conditions, e.g. wind and humidity.
- Three minute by-pass of the low pressure switch for start-up of compressor when outdoor temperatures are below 55°F (13°C).
- Optional Factory built-in economizer.
- High efficiency compressor.
- Lanced fins standard on all evaporator and condenser coils.
- High pressure switch and low pressure switch with lockout protects refrigerant circuit.
- Adjustable .03 to ten minute delay on make for short cycle protection.
Remote Alarm Capability
- Dry contacts can be used for remote alarm or notification upon air conditioner lockout.
Ease of Service
- Service access valves are standard.
- Standard 2” (50 mm) pleated filter with a MERV rating of 8 changeable from outside.
- All major components are readily accessible.
- Front Control Panel allows easy access and complies with NEC clearance codes on redundant side-by-side systems.
- LEDs indicate operational status and fault conditions.
- Foil backed insulation on the indoor air path.
- A minimum position potentiometer that can be adjusted to prevent the economizer damper from closing completely. This control ensures that whenever the evaporator fan is operating, fresh air is being introduced into the building.
- Copper tube, aluminum fin evaporator & condenser coils.
- Field or factory installed heaters on discharge side of evaporator coil (optional)
- Baked on neutral beige finish over galvanneal steel for maximum cabinet life. (Other finishes are available.)
Ease of Installation
- Sloped top with flashing eliminates need of rainhood.
- Built-in mounting flanges facilitate installation and minimize chance of water leaks.
- Supply and return openings exactly match previous models.
- Factory installed disconnect on all units.
- Single Point Power Entry complies with latest edition of U.L. Standard 1995.
- Side access panels for easy access to electrical connections.*